St Mary’s College
In early 2012, Box&Co was commissioned to undertake the building
refurbishment of St Mary’s College – a Catholic secondary school for girls
that was founded in 1863.
The project consisted of three sections – Mercy House, Chapel First Floor and
the Doro Building. As the Chapel First Floor and Mercy House are both 150
years old, it was critical Box&Co retain the heritage of the original buildings
whilst ensuring they were structurally sound, and the college was keen to
incorporate construction methods that could capture ‘the layers of time’.